ICT TRAINING FOR YOUTH
The Youth Development Program (YDP) is a 6-12 month programme to equip disadvantaged, unemployed youth with essential skills that will allow them to make a valuable contribution to their families, their communities and the economy as a whole. The program provides PC hardware and software technical skills and advanced networking skills, Entrepreneurship skills, life skills and career guidance.
The course is intended for unemployed disadvantaged youth between the ages of 18-30, who want to pursue careers in IT and gain working knowledge of computer hardware, software and networking.
Candidates for the Sci-bono YDP are recruited from community organizations, schools and the general public. Any unemployed or disadvantaged individual who meets the minimum requirements, and who has an interest in technical PC and network skills, are accepted on a first come first serve basis.
Registration is open all year for three sessions per year: 1st Session: Jan-April | 2nd Session: May-Aug | 3rd Session: Sept-Dec
Introduction to computers
Microsoft Office Specialist
CompTIA A+ Exam Preparation
CompTIA N+ Exam Preparation
CCNA (Certified Cisco Network Associate)
CompTIA A+ Certificate
CompTIA N+ Certificate
Life Skills Certificates
The following documentation will be required should you wish to enroll:
- A signed copy of the participant training agreement.
- A copy of the learner’s Identity document.
- Sponsorship agreement (needed should there be a sponsor for the candidate/s)
- A copy of a South African National Senior Certificate or Sci-Bono approved equivalent.
The ICT Centre is registered, accredited by and affiliated to the following bodies:
- Microsoft Advanced IT Academy
- Registered Certiport Centre
- Cisco Network Academy
- Comptia Academy Partner Program
- Accredited with the MICT Seta to train the National Certificate:
- End-User Computing SAQA ID: 71853 Credits: 130 Credits Full Qualification
- Accreditation number: ACC/2010/07/886
minimum entrance requirements
- Proficiency in English.
- The minimum literacy level is grade 12.